Thursday, September 14, 2006

Getting started...finally: got the yarn!



I've finally visited my LYS and pick out the color for my pal's scarf. I've always wanted to try this yarn - Grignasco Bambi - since I started to knit almost two years ago. It's a 4 ply fine merino yarn which I think is very good for lacey projects.

It's a pink/salmon color. Was going to choose purple but the two purples available were either too yellowish or too dark. And the only orange was way too loud. So I picked this nice dark pink.

As to the pattern, I have decided to knit a modified version of the Kimono Shawl from Folk Shawl, that is, narrower in width. I will have to swatch it first to see how it works with this yarn, if not, there's a backup pattern.

The sweet Kristy who commented on my last post said I was going to be just fine. And I think I am now. Thanks a lot Kristy, I really needed that :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home