Sunday, September 10, 2006

Still dithering

I've been to the stores that carry yarn in my town (I can't think that JoAnne's counts as a LYS) and am not satisfied. I've tried the internet, but unless someone tells me how wonderful something is, I really have trouble buying yarn that I haven't touched! I have the pattern, but no yarn. I have an out-of-town trip coming up with two yarn shops along the way, so surely something will jump out at me!

Both of my "pals" have contacted me. Megan, I can't believe I used my regular e-mail! My apologies! I won't post pictures, so it will still be a surprise.

3 Comments:

Blogger Charity said...

Hi Sharon, what types of yarn are you looking for or wonder about? I have several shops in my area but still do a ton of internet ordering. If I can help in any way by telling you about different yarns, I'm more than happy to help.

7:28 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Hi Sharon,

What weight of yarn do you plan to use--bulky? Worsted? DK? Laceweight?

Are you thinking of heathered colors, pastels, bright colors, variegated?

What kind of feel do you want to the yarn--soft, slick, springy, etc?

What kind of texture--smooth, nubby, slubby, thick and thin, etc?

If you can help us by filling in those blanks, perhaps we can give you some ideas.

You're right--unless you can see them, touch them, it's hard to imagine what the yarn will be like by just surfing the yarn stores on the web. Let us help!

8:16 PM  
Blogger Dorene said...

Sharon,

Debi has EXQUISITE taste in yarn. I am sure she would be able to help.

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home