Monday, September 11, 2006

Scarf Progess

I've made some progress on my scarf, though I've nearly given up trying to capture an accurate depiction of the color. It's a little deeper blue than in the photo, a colorway called "Mountain Bluebird," and I'd say that's precisely the color (the male of course, the female has mostly grey plumage. Hey, I'm not LoriBird for nothing.) The yarn is knitting up beautifully, soft and just a tiny bit fuzzy...

I'll be aiming for a 60-62" scarf, so I've got, let's see... 54 more inches to go! I've got the pattern memorized by now, so it makes for good carry-along knitting. (The little pink thing on the side is my "knitting fish" - a doubled piece of yarn with 8 knots tied in; every time I get to it I move it up a knot on the needle, and I never miscount a row!)

4 Comments:

Blogger stephanie said...

Clever girl, LoriBird! I'm going to borrowing your fishing line!

8:14 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

Not my invention - I read about it on a Scandinavian knit-blog, and adapted it to my use...

8:40 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

Love the scarf, and I'm definately going to start using the fish. What a great idea!

9:30 PM  
Blogger Victoria said...

The knitting fish is genius and exactly what I need! Thanks for explaining it!

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home