Monday, September 11, 2006

The beginning


Okay, I have already started one scarf design using some yarn that I had in my stash but I think it will be too warm for my victim, rephrase, my person. So Sunday afternoon, I spent an a bit of time at my LYS looking through the scarf patterns there. And I found a pattern that I already owned that I think will be a better fit. So I found some yarn for this pattern and I brought home one skein of it with me to try out the pattern. Since the yarn I am thinking of using is a hand-dyed, I want to make sure that it will not knit out in some really weird pattern. Since it is rainy today, it is hard to get a decent photo of what I have on my needles so far but I played around a little bit with PhotoShop to try and adjust the light levels so that it is fairly accurate. I think the when I go back in the my LYS this weekend to pick up the other 4 skiens that I will need for this scarf, I may be picking up more of this yarn in the tangerine colorway for myself. (edited to note that the photo with this post is not the adjusted photo. Blogger doesn't seem to be liking my edited version so this is the best of the 3 that I took unedited.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Lyndsey-Jane said...

Loving the colour (even if it is unedited). I understand your point about hand-dyed. I'm knitting socks for female family & friends for xmas and even tho I love Lorna's Laces, I'm staying clear as although I don't mind the pooling some people are that enamoured.
Your yarn it knitting up nicely.

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home