Monday, September 25, 2006

We are go! (I think...)

Finally, there is the perfect yarn. And the perfect pattern. At least, I think so after a couple of pattern repeats. Please let this be the one! I'm turning green with all the frogging!

I'm knitting the Dewdrop scarf in gorgeous handpainted Apple Pie yarn (merino, silk, kid mohair, nylon) in the Carnival colorway. Yum. Soft, silky, a little halo, a little shine.

I had to return to my old, old Susan Bates straight metal needles, tho... They're the only ones fast enough, it appears. And boy does that feel weird after using double-pointed bamboo or rosewood forever. (I knit too many socks.)

Back to the sofa to see if I can do another pattern repeat without ribbiting. (It's not that the pattern is hard. Duh. I'm just frazzled.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ooh. Pretty pattern. Once this is over I'll have to go back and bookmark all the fun patterns I saw. How many scarfs can one woman have?

3:17 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

What wondeful yarn - I checked out the site - yowza - can't believe I swore off sock yarn yesterday:) Have fun with this lovely pattern.

2:20 AM  
Blogger Jennette said...

I've gone back to aluminum straights for my scarf, too, and it does feel weird after so many projects on circulars!! Thanks for sharing the pattern.

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home