Monday, September 25, 2006

project update

Dear ISE bloggy friends,

I have completely fallen down on the job when it comes to posting. Life has been so hectic that I've put most of my spare time into making sure my "scarf" is done on time!

After much debate I decided to brave lace knitting for the first time. At first I thought I would make a lacy scarf for my pal (who comes from much warmer climes than I) but when I got to the LYS I found that while they didn't have the right silk yarn for the scarf I wanted to make they did have this incredible silk/cotton blend that would be perfect for the "Little Arrow Head Shawl" from the summer 06 IK. I'm a little nervous since I'm pretty sure that my pal didn't have a triangular shawl in mind when she signed up, but the design is stunning and I think it fits the rest of her requests (something long-ish for her petite frame, lightweight, good as a wrap or a scarf).

I'll try to take a few photos tonight of the progress so that I can show off my work. I'm very proud of it!

Best wishes and Happy Knitting!
Kate

1 Comments:

Blogger emily said...

As a petite, warm-climate living person - I'm hoping that I'm your secret pal!

I don't think anyone in their right mind would be disappointed to receive a lace shawl.

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home