Thursday, September 14, 2006

contacted but not been contacted

I have contacted my pal and heard back from her, but have not been contacted by the person whose pal I am ... maybe it went into the spam mail file which is automatically wipe?

I have ran into a sort of "problem": I decided to make a classic felted scarf with a twist because my pal says she prefers sort of conservative, but it is coming out so nicely I can't bear to felt it. Inspired by my recent acquisition of a pair of rosewood straight needles to knit the Irish Hiking scarf in preparation for this exchange (the scarf came out nice but the colors are more suitable for a guy), I decided to knit 2 row stripes of a hand dyed "rosewood" merino angora lace and a silvery light gray alpaca lace, so it looks like wooden and metal straight knitting needles ... it's come out exactly as I wanted, problem is, it's all in stockinette and if I don't felt it it curls, although it still falls and drapes very nicely. Should I send the scarf unfelted so my recipient has the option of felting it, or should I go ahead and felt it when I finish knitting in the next few days?

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristy said...

You could probably block it to remedy the curling. You will have to show us a picture of it unfelted. It sounds beautiful. And maybe it is kind of a neat idea to leave it unfelted and give the recipient the option.

2:40 PM  
Blogger lesley said...

that is a conundrum...could you add something ot the end to keep it from curling? if not a good block might stop the roll...

3:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home