Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Arrivals

Yesterday the postman arrived with the goodies for making my scarf. I'd waited to order until I got my pal assignment so I could be sure she'd like what I had in mind. I'm glad I did that as I've gone for something totally different that what I'd planned. I've knit with this yarn before and really enjoyed it. I know most folks like the Kid Silk Haze but next to this that stuff feels hard and course and the Karabella Lace Mohair is just like knitting a cloud.

Since the pacakages arrived early enough in the day I was able to run out to my LYS and pick up the appropriate needles and cast on right away. My lace skills must be improving as I have made it through chart A with absolutely no ripping out. I chose multi-colored beads that remind me of the sea and so far I really like them.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dorene said...

Lucky, lucky, lucky. Your pal is so lucky. That will be gorgeous! Lucky, lucky, lucky

11:45 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Choosing a pattern is always sort of scary. I'm glad to hear someone likes it!

9:24 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

I can't wait to see this scarf finished - I admire that you are going all out with beads too! I love it already!

1:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home