Tuesday, September 12, 2006

You all have made me nervous

I am so in love with all the scarves that have been posted, the gorgeous yarns chosen, and the intricate pattern choices. I am starting to feel sorry for my pal. This is my first exchange ever and I feel like I may have not thought enough about it.

But, I'm gonna keep my head up and remember some things I read on Criminy Jickets blog, "it's not a competition" and "it's about participating". So with that in mind, I really like the pattern I picked out. It's got texture but it's not difficult so I know I can finish on time. I tweaked the pattern to make it wider and it's going to be longer. My pal lives in a cold climate and I want her to be very warm.

I'm having fun talking about the exchange and what I'm learning about my pal and the person who has me. It's all about the experience and it's a great one. Thanks everyone for all your inspiration.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

This is my first exchange too and I'm still a rather new knitter so I decide to try and keep my scarf simple. I think no matter what is created there's a joy in the thought that someone took the time to take your interest in mind and create something for them with their own hands. If I got jsut a simple garter scarf I'd be happy. :)

1:12 AM  
Blogger Lynda Lambert said...

I would be delighted with whatever someone makes for me. I agree with Sarah, that for anyone to take their precious time and send me a handmade gift, it will be a treasure - any color, any style, any thing.

2:23 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Relax and enjoy. I'm keeping it simiple. I'm sure your recipient will love whatever you make.

2:43 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

Thanks for all the comforting words and support. You've all made me feel better.

3:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home