Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Well worth the Wait!

I'm so excited! My scarf has arrived. Many thanks to the wonderful Liz. She really went above and beyond the call of duty. First she knit a purple scarf for me and mailed it mid February. I'm sure it was gorgeous but alas it never arrived! Imagined how devasted she must have felt to have spent all that time and effort just to have it "lost in the mail"! But that did not discourage her - she knit me ANOTHER scarf. Is that just amazing or what? This time she used some wool that she dyed herself in Kool-aid. It still smells faintly sweet. I had to get it away from my cat who couldn't stop sniffing it! It's really cool with these neat zig zags that I don't know how she did. Also she dyed it perfectly so that the stripes follow an even pattern. I'm so impressed. Thank you so much Liz - I love my new scarf and will wear it often and think of you.
Also in the box were some additional goodies. The balance of the yarn from my scarf rolled like a cool Easter egg. Also an extra skein from the first scarf that the postman is wearing and a really cute little sheep post it package. What fun to get all these great gifts in the mail. This has been a fabulous exchange and I have really enjoyed it. If you're like me and want to jump in to the next exchange, please visit the Tote Exchange website. Bonnie, Selina, Kim and I (4 ISE Alums) are starting a knit bag exchange. I sure hope some of you will join us. http://toteexchange.blogspot.com/ Sign-ups have just started. Thanks again to my wonderful pal Liz!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Oiyi said...

Wow, the scarf looks great! Very impressive kool-aid dye job.

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home