Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Thank You to Everyone!

Goodbyes aren't the easiest thing for me, and somehow, knowing this exchange is over makes me very sad! I have learned so much from all of your posts, seen work that just inspires me to try new patterns and gobble up new yarns.

So much of the work here has really inspired me so much, and I've just enjoyed this exchange more than I'll ever be able to put into words.

I hope hope HOPE there will be an ISE 3 in the not-too-distant future. It helps to have a goal to reach, a timeframe, and to use this as an opportunity to try something new, reach beyond what we think we are capable of doing, and truly stretching ourselves to new limits of creativity and possibility.

Today, I'm trying out the Kureopatra's Snake Entrelac Scarf pattern that Liesel used for the awesome, out-of-this-world gorgeous scarf for her ISE pal. She used Karaoke Multi Mermaid Mix, and the long color stretches just seem like they were made for this scarf.

There are now so many patterns I'm dying to try, and hope to cast on this summer, thanks to all of you who posted your delicious scarves for the rest of us to savor.

A very special thank you to Celia (almost a married lady!) and Cynthia for all the time and effort they put into making this exchange so successful. I know it was a labor of love, and took so much time out of their already busy lives.

I do hope there will be an ISE 3, and I would certainly love to help moderate as well as participate. I have come to know some of the most wonderful people through this exhange!

A special message to Dorene, for whom I made my first lace scarf: You are the BEST recipient pal any knitter could ever hope to have--you boosted my flagging morale, you cheered me on even when you didn't know the scarf I was making was for you, and you were an incredible inspiration with your commitment to excellence, learning, and doing the most exacting work. Though you and I have been knitting about the same amount of time, you are light years ahead of me and will always be "Mozart" to my Salieri.

To Clara, my ISE pal who finished her very first project just for me: I have enjoyed wearing the scarf you knit me so much. I love how versitile it is, and in how many ways I can wear it. I now have worn it in 11 different ways--and pictures of these different ways to knot, twist and wear it have inspired my sister to start enjoying wearing scarves. It's also encouraged me to dig out some of my early scarves that I was too embarrassed to wear, due to all the mistakes--but by creative knotting, twisting and draping, I'm enjoying them at long last! I hope you are still knitting and loving it. I am honored to have received your very first finished project--that's always so special.

Since we live in the same town (in an International exchange, how's THAT for coincidence?), we should get together and KNIT, gal! I'll share a bunch of my stash with you, since I no longer knit with bulky yarns, but still have so many top-end ones just sitting there waiting for someone to love them and create with them.

TO CYNTHIA AND CELIA: Will this blog remain up for us to long on and review the posts and pictures? I'd hate to see it come down! I just love having it here for ideas and inspirations, not to mention contacts with some very wonderful and friendly knitters!

TO EVERYONE:

If anyone would like to join together in a very informal yahoo discussion group, sharing things we're all going to be knitting this summer (or winter, for you down-under folks!), please email me privately and let me know, and I'll be glad to set one up for us. My email address is scripto at cox dot net.

I really like this friendly, helpful and encouraging group of people, and know there are quite a few novice and advanced beginners here who might just enjoy keeping in contact and sharing ideas, inspriations and tips.

Until the next time---Knit On!

Debi D in Las Vegas

2 Comments:

Blogger Donyale said...

Debi - if you want to join our KAL for the Kuropatora's snake check out www.purlssnake.blogspot.com or send me an email

9:41 PM  
Blogger Dorene said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home