Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Much belated post

I posted my pal's scarf about a month ago - I've not yet heard whether it's been received. I received a beautiful Print O' The Wave lace scarf in peacock green Jaggerspun from Ina a few weeks ago also. Unfortunately, I've not been able to post until now due to general baby wrangling, illness and the general day to day turmoil involved in settling in a new country.

Firstly, the scarf I knitted. I used the Kombu scarf pattern, written by the brilliant Kim Salazar, knitted in pink Jaegar Matchmaker Merino DK. I also sent the leftover yarn (one full ball and one part used) and some traditional Breton biscuits.


I received a wonderful package from Ina, complete with sweets and chocolate (a big weakness of mine) and postcards from where she lives. The scarf itself is stunning. What was a really strange coincidence was that the stitch pattern was taken from Heirloom Knitting by Sharon Miller and I had been looking at that pattern in that very book with a view to using it myself the night before the scarf arrived. I've also recently bought some Jaggerspun too. The yarn is wonderful, it shows the stitch pattern perfectly and feels so soft next to the skin.

The only downside is that I have already worn the scarf so much that I feel that it may need to be washed and reblocked soon!

Here it is:
















I've really enjoyed taking part in the exchange although with hindsight I would not recommend taking part in something like this while also moving countries!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ina said...

I'm glad you like your Print O' the Wave scarf. How curious you were thinking of the pattern, too. I started making a multidirectional scarf (which turned out very well), but got this odd feeling Print O' the Wave would be better.

And I hope things settle down a bit. An international move with family is never easy!

5:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home