Thursday, February 09, 2006

Thanks, MICHELLE - I got my parcel!



So here's the thing -- I live on a boat. It's a wonderful life, very unique and interesting. But there are times.... like when I get a parcel in the mail. We have a mailbox here in the marina, but it's just a little one, so they won't leave parcels. SO. Day before yesterday, I got a card in the mail telling me that I needed to pick up my parcel at a nearby postal outlet. I knew it had to be from my secret pal, so I was very excited! So I went there. They said it wasn't there, and that, according to the computer, the parcel had been 'returned' to the 'warehouse,' and that I should call again 'tomorrow', being yesterday. So yesterday I went again -- and you have no idea what a fiasco this is! It's right downtown, major traffic snarls, no parking anywhere, blah, blah, blah.... but I went, because, you know,I'd get my SCARF!

They said it still wasn't there. But the computer said it was 'on its way' and that I should check again today.

So I checked again today .... and I finally got it!!! Michelle, it's beautiful, AND it's perfect for me, thanks so much! Folks, I've included a close-up photo of the scarf so you can see the amazing cable detail in this piece, it's amazing...



I guess I'm done now -- I've sent my scarf and it's been received, and I've received mine, now. Thanks so much to the organizers, it was a blast!

5 Comments:

Blogger celia said...

what amazing cables! that scarf and hat are definitely worth the hassle of going to the post office so many times, i think.

2:08 AM  
Blogger Peggy said...

That is gorgeous!!

2:58 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

That's gorgeous! I'd love to know what pattern it is.

3:07 AM  
Blogger Donyale said...

SUch a drama but what a result! Wonderful!

3:22 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Oh no, sorry it was a hassle!!

But I'm glad you like it!

The scarf pattern is a free one found at www.d-made.com. The hat is just ribbing until you get close to the top, and then I just sort of cabled to sort of get the gist of the scarf.

I hope the scarf and hat keep you warm
on the boat!!

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home