Sunday, February 12, 2006

Kate Rocks!


I know everyone keeps saying this, but my scarf is perfect! This week we finally got a bit of winter here in Buffalo, NY and just as the heaviest snows were falling, I got my scarf in the mail from Kate. It's the greatest mix of browns and goes with everything. I've worn it every day since Wednesday and I have to say that it has been put through the blustery cold weather test and proven itself warm and toasty.

I think you'll appreciate my conversation with one of my knitting friends:
Me: I just got my scarf! It's great! It's possum!
Doubtful Knitter: Possum? As in scary hillbilly stew possum?
Me: Yeah, well, and merino, but possum... it's amazing.
Doubtful Knitter: Wow, this is really soft and pretty. I'll never look at roadkill the same way again.

Not that I think Kate's yarn came from roadkill possum, but if you see possum in the "ingredients" list, give it a try. Anyone know of any U.S. yarn suppliers that use possum?

4 Comments:

Blogger Sheeprustler said...

The possum in yarn is not even remotely related to the American possum. It's a marsupial, native to Australia, who got imported to New Zealand and is destroying the native wildlife there, so some of it is turned into yarn - yummy yummy yarn, so you a lucky lady!

8:41 PM  
Blogger Ina said...

Beautiful scarf!

Cherry Tree Hill in Vermont has very nice possum and merino yarn.

7:09 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Thanks, Sheep Rustler, for the clarification. I'll stick to trying the Cherry Tree Hill rather than looking in my backyard for my next project. I always knew knitting taught math, now we get biology lessons too. Can we use the "it's educational" excuse to justify new yarn purchases? As if we need excuses...

2:23 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Yay! you finally got it. I was starting to fret a bit that it might not have been right but after seeing the blizzards you've been having I need not have worried. It was made in the heat of Summer to wear in the depths of Winter. A very experienced scarf!
If you want more info about the yarn the ebay user-id is spinner-nz.

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home