Sunday, February 12, 2006

Snow and Wave

It's snowing like crazy along the U.S. Eastern seaboard, but before everything shut down, I scooted to the Post Office to send this to my pal. Despite my best efforts, my digicam will show it as a faded blue, but it's actually green and a much more saturated color than this.

Print O' the Wave scarf

The center of the scarf is the traditional Shetland lace pattern, Print O' the Wave, and the edgings are the suggested accompaniments from the magnificent book, Heirloom Knitting. The yarn is JaggerSpun Zephyr (50% wool, 50% silk) in peacock. The silk content is a delight to hand and eye, but its singular luster plays all kinds of tricks on my digicam.

I'll have more pix and commentary on my blog tomorrow after I shovel snow. In the meantime, many thanks to Celia and Cynthia for organizing this exchange!

- Ina in New Jersey

5 Comments:

Blogger Leisel said...

What a neat pattern! I found a pic of the Zephyr in peacock from another site, and it is a gorgeous color.

- Leisel
http://sagebrush.typepad.com/knotagain

8:59 AM  
Blogger celia said...

Oh my, another pretty scarf. Hmm.. I shd stop wishing that all these scarves arrive at my doorstep because I know I'm not going to get a dozen scarves out of this exchange, no matter how much wishful thinking I do!

1:34 PM  
Blogger Bonnie O. said...

What a beautiful pattern!! Nice work!

6:32 PM  
Blogger Marji said...

absolutely gorgeous. I need to start bookmarking these entries so that I can go back to refer to the patterns that are so pretty that I'll never remember where to find them

9:22 PM  
Blogger fibersnob said...

Beautifully done Ina, if this isn't mine I'm gong to be jealous of whoever it does belong to.

3:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home