Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Starting on the hat

Well, my scarf is finished but for blocking (though I have woven in the ends), and I've started the hat. Frankly, the hat scares me a little---because fit actually counts with a hat---though I did swatch several times until I got gauge. But when I look at it, I keep thinking one moment that it looks too big and another that it looks too small. I'm knitting on a 16" circular needle, so I can't actually try it on, and I haven't knit far enough to try fitting already knit part.

I'm trying to get pictures up, but I'm a bit of a technophobe, so it might take me a couple of tries to figure it out.

I am pretty pleased with the scarf, though. It's an entrelac pattern (it's the Danica pattern from knitty) in shades of lavendar and purple, in Andean Silk from Knit Picks. Of course, I don't know how it will wear, but it's been lovely to knit with. If my stash weren't already threatening to take over my house, I would get some more for a project for me!

I'm trying to get the hat done in the next week, so that I can get everything blocked and sent before February. If that happens, it might be the first time I beat a deadline in....well, pretty much ever! (but I'm not counting my chickens ;-). I'll post again once I work out the camera thing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jae said...

If you are concerned about fit, you could try a lifeline.

12:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home