Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Finally ready to mail


So this is the scarf I originally intended to send to my scarf pal. It's a lacy pattern I got at my local lys knit in Karabella's laceweight mohair which I just love. I'll definitely be buying more of that yarn! Anyway, I had it all finished and brought it in to my local SnB group last Wednesday night to show everyone. They ooed and ahhed and agreed it felt just like a cloud. One person came in late and when I passed it to her she thought it was a for her and became very excited and planned to wear it to an upcoming wedding. Her birthday had been a day or two before and she thought it was a gift for her. I didn't have the heart to tell her otherwise. Thankfully it was a quick knit and I didn't mind just doing another. Unfortunately I couldn't find that same yarn anywhere locally. I'd bought it at a trunk show in Boston.
I re-checked my pal's colors and decided to go with a ball of grey Kid Silk Haze. I redesigned the scarf a bit since I had the opportunity to change what I wanted and here's the result. It's going into a box and hopefully out in the mail later today. This picture doesn't do it justice, it's really lovely with the light shining through it and looks much nicer in person. I hope my pal will enjoy it!

Julie

2 Comments:

Blogger Peggy said...

Aren't you a sweetheart! I don't think I would've been able to take it back out of her hands either.

1:45 PM  
Blogger Donyale said...

Looks lovely!

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home