Monday, January 09, 2006

Changing Directions

It's a new year (happy new year, all!) and this is my second post to this group blog.

As perhaps is appropriate this time of year and after much indecision, I'm changing directions – in more ways than one. Instead of using Malabrigo Pagoda and a chunky cable pattern for my pal's scarf, I'm using Noro New Ruby colorway 4 and Iris Schreier's Multidirectional Triangle Scarf pattern. Here's a progress photo.

Multidirectional Triangle Scarf

The scarf pattern makes intriguing use of the multidirectional technique, resulting in alternating triangles. Noro yarns seem to be made for MD knitting and New Ruby – a new-to-me cotton blend yarn that has a lovely soft hand, beautiful sheen, and gorgeous color – is no exception. I'm pleased by the way the blocks of color are working out, particularly that the color runs repeat on alternate triangles. Eisaku Noro is a colorway genius!

The plan is to mail the scarf the first week in February. I hope my pal likes it – the photo doesn't really do it justice. If not, I'd be more than willing very happy to take this one back. [Grin]

--Ina

2 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

That's gorgeous and you're right - that yarn is perfect for what you are doing.

4:45 PM  
Blogger Donyale said...

It looks great!

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home