Saturday, January 07, 2006

Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend

I worked with the Manos but I didn't like the way it was turning out. It's been frogged and held for another use. As you can see, I'm proceeding with the Silk Garden. I am really liking this yarn. I haven't knit with it before and it feels nice as it moves through my fingers.

The pattern is one I am making up, but it's based on a sweater web pattern from IK. The sweater used a chevron pattern to create space for ribbed diamonds in the sleeves and center back. I'm applying the same concept to the scarf. The challenge has been fun and I think I've finally gotten the pattern worked out. The remainder should be no more than a repeat of what I've figured out so far.

I'm about a quarter of the way. All of my holiday knitting is done, thus it should be no problem to finish with time to spare. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home