Friday, December 02, 2005

frog and frog again

I think I might finally be ready to begin the *real* SE scarf. I love the yarn I chose though perhaps I was too hasty in making my decision. There are just so many choices out there.

I am also over the poor me, or rather poor SE pal, of not being experienced enough or not being a hand dye-er, or not being a spinner. My SE pal will have to be content with my beginner knitting skills and I have come around to the fact that if I make the best scarf I am able to make, it will indeed be good enough.

The pattern I initially chose, on the recommended needle size, simply did not look like the best I am capable of. Then I tried another pattern I liked, simple as it is, and it was pleasing, but seemed narrow. Frogx2.

Does a lightbulb going off over your head make a sound? Mine was thunderous. Add a repeat of the pattern you like to make the desirable scarf wider.

So now I begin anew and hopefully, third time's a charm.

2 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

uhm, hello, i was wondering if it's absolutely too late to join? I'd be interested in becoming a pal if it isn't,
melanie

5:25 PM  
Blogger Donyale said...

Hey I wouldn't worry about not being a spinner etc etc - I am a beginner knitter and am quite amazed that scarf recipients will be receiving all sorts of fancy lace scarves.

I sent mine off early - as it is summer here and worry now that it wasn't intricate enough - but hey - it was made with my Pal in mind and I am sure that is enough. I am sure your Pal will feel the same.

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home