Thursday, December 01, 2005

A hint or two in rhyme

I've just bound off
The final stitches.
The scarf's ready to ship
With my fondest wishes.

I wanted to finish fast
I did it -- Hurray!
In order to send it
By my pal's birthday

She doesn't know me
From Adam or Eve.
I'm hoping she'll like what she sees
And won't give a heave.

This Seattle gal is SUPER
And I've enjoyed sneaking on-line
Reading all her blogs
But not linking to mine.

When she gets her scarf
I hope she will know
To wear it in rain
Or in sleet or in snow.

It's made with much love
And a mistake or two
But what's a dropped stitch
Among friends like you!

xoxoxo
LainE
Knit and Purl Grrl
http://knitandpurlgrrl.blogs.com/my_weblog/

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim in NJ said...

OK, LainE, between the already finished scarf and the cute little poem, I think you are in danger of throwing off the curve! No fair ;-).

But seriously, good for you. I hope that your pal is really pleased with the scarf, and I really do love the poem.

I'm not, however, suggesting that next time we have a scarf AND poem exchange!

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home