Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Am I over ambitious?

I found some gorgeous baby alpaca laceweight in a dark brown colour. It's Perlita brand - never hear of it before. It's gorgeous.

Now, what am I going to make with it? I have the following options
1. Ene's scarf - Scarf Style
2. Possum lace scarf pattern from Cherry Tree Hill
3. Blizzard - Scarf Style
4. Branching Out in double width - Knitty
5. Mini Kiri Shawl
6. Seaweed and shells scarf -look at it here
7. Tiger Eye scarf
8. Flower basket shawl which is more like a scarf
9. some other pattern that I create

1, 6 and 9 are my favourite options right now. Am I too ambitious to think that I can finish one of these patterns by February? I don't want to disappoint my pal who is in the northern hemisphere and probably freezing right now, or will be soon.
I'd like to decide soon as I'd like to take it away with me to knit while I am away next week (working) as I expect to have some down time at night in the hotel.
What to do, what to do..

4 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

ooo now how did I miss that Tiger Eye pattern, that's a nice one. Kiri I've admired for awhile and the FBS is a favorite. What's your deadline to finish the knitting by? I have no idea how long it will take you to ship... and do you have other stuff you must finish before you start?

11:54 AM  
Blogger celia said...

[grin] I am not worried about the complexity of the pattern. I am more worried about a pattern being time consuming. No projects I absolutely need to complete, but I do have a lot of WIPs and I can never have just one item on my needles. Currently I am thinking Ene is a winner, if i can get past the cast on. It's scary!

1:06 PM  
Blogger Marji said...

I love the patterns you are considering Celia. Thanks for the link to the Seaweed and shells pattern. I may end up making that too.

9:55 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

I like the Seaweed and shells one too! And I have some nice yarn I could use for it...

...No! Must focus! I can knit for myself after Christmas is over!

But there's always the Opera Scarf if worse comes to worse.

2:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home