Thursday, December 01, 2005

Arrrrrrrrrgh

Is it so bad I wish my secret-pal picked a different type of yarn and colors they liked? Because I this great pattern for this one type of yarn I was eyeing...

Ah well.

I've been distracted with finihing up my Xmas knitting (last year, I swear) but now I'm going back to working on my secret pal's scarf. Except I STILL can't find a good chunky scarf pattern. Grr.

So I want to ask everyone here: Would you mind a simple scarf pattern (all garter, moss, etc) as long as it suits the yarn well? I feel guilty doing something easy while everyone here does lace and other cool designs.

2 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

If you want to find something little more exciting, but still a quick and easy knit, why don't you do a multi-directional scarf? The Short Row Rib listed under Free Scarf Patterns is very easy, but comes out looking very impressive - and it would showcase a nice chunky yarn beautifully.

Just a thought!

8:37 AM  
Blogger Leisel said...

Seed/moss stitch... sure, depending on the yarn; garter stitch... I'd be disappointed, and would likely rip it out and knit something my self with the yarn. I think you'd be disappointed, too, because it would be so uninspiring to knit.

Dawn mentioned scarvew with a large cable... here's a couple that might work:

http://www.yarnagogo.com/good_ole_cabled_scarf/

(You could eliminate some or all of the k1p1 ribbing along the sides to make the scarf narrower if your yarn is too bulky)

http://wolfandturtle.net/Yarnpath/index.php/Yarnpath/comments/open_cable_scarf/

(Just do one cable instead of two)

I have a very extensive collection of links to nice free patterns. If you want, email me at sagebrushATgmailDOTcom with more info, and I'll be more than happy to help you find something that you will like knitting and will go with your yarn. This should be fun for you!

- Leisel
http://sagebrush.typepad.com/knotagain

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home