Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Scarf Style

I am so glad I joined this Exchange, and big thank-yous to Cyn and Celia for organizing it.

Before I joined this exchange I hadn't knitted a scarf in - well, since I was 8 yr old and my grandma taught me to knit. Then I joined this exchange, started looking at scarf patterns on line, looked at yarns in my stash that I didn't have in sweater quantities, and thought about who I could make scarves for. I'm now in the middle of my 4th scarf this month - all are for Christmas gifts and some are changing recipients as they take shape and I think "no, this would be better for SIL than for Dear Friend"... And I'm loving it. The instant gratification that comes with a fast completed FO, the freedom to play some with yarns without a huge investment in them, and the opportunity to make my gifts this year.
All the while, knowing what yarn I plan to use, but not really being clear on a pattern, I'm keeping my eye out for the perfect pattern for some Koigu for my scarf pal. (I am open to suggestions)
And I keep seeing all these wonderful scarves knit from Scarf Style. It wouldn't have occurred to me to buy a book of scarf patterns before, but now, this book is going on my wish list.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ina said...

Despite its humble subject, I've found that Scarf Style is a great knitting book, a real treasure for beginners and experienced knitters. Check out the knit-along for advice and inspiration, scarfstyle.blogspot.com

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home