Sunday, November 13, 2005

Scarf only: Dawn P

NAME: Dawn

SCARF ONLY

BLOG URL: deesie.typepad.com/skein

NICE COLOURS: For the scarf for me (thinking practically) I like most
colours. Reds, blues, purples, black, autumnal colours.

NOT NICE COLOURS: (Mainly for practical and matching reasons) white,
pastels, barbie pink, fluorescent neon like colours, yellow, bright green.
For the scarf which I will be knitting, any colour except yellow is fine.

FIBRES FOR ME: Anything that is soft next to the skin, and I prefer natural
rather than man made fibres (acrylic) though blends are great. The main
factor is that the scarf not be scratchy next to skin.

FIBRES I HATE AND ALLERGIES. No allergies at all. I am not keen on
acrylics that squeak.

SCARF LENGTH - (for me) - depends on style. I usually wear ascot style
scarves or seamen's scarves so about 40" but if it's one that wraps around
the neck, it would be longer - about 60" (pure guesswork here) and if it's a
triangular scarf, then it doesn't matter.


SOLID OR VARIEGATED: Not bothered at all. If it's a lace or textured scarf,
probably a solid colour or very slightly variegated - let the patterning do
the work!

CABLES OR LACE: Not bothered. Love both.

ADDITIONAL INFO: I like a surprise. I don't fit into any fixed
colour/style/pattern so I leave it up to the knitter. I don't mind
crocheted scarves, but might draw the line at doing a crocheted one myself
for my recipient!

SCARF THAT I WILL KNIT: I don't mind at all. Any fibre, any length, any
colour except yellow. I do colour (sometimes) texture and lace, with a
small amount of crochet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home