Thursday, November 24, 2005

Help needed - sort of

I checked with my Scarf Pal which colours she liked and seeing as she liked a few I have spun her up some Thick Slub with Merino, Kid Mohair, Silk, Cotton and a little iity bit of spandangle in it.....It's very lush.

Sadly I can't publish a picture or she might work out who I am and I am not very good at keeping secrets at the best of times.

My question is - I am wanting to make this scarf in a method that is not knitted and is not crocheted - can't say too much.

"Do you think my Pal will care if I neither knit nor crochet my scarf for her? It will still look lush - but didn't know if this will break the rules (it has been specially blended and spun with her in mind)?"

(I think I am trying to convince you all) What do you think?

I offer you all a link for helpful answers - which you may have seen before - Berroco Scarf Central with lots of cool and different patterns.... Hope it comes in handy.

I haven't yet heard from my Scarf Pal that I am matched to - but I've checked with the girls who assure me that it is all in hand... It is kind of fun to realize that all these posts are being read by your match who is planning something nice for you? It feels different to Secret Pal - much smaller and more personal in a way.

Don't you think? Please tell! :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

I don't know about everyone else but to me a scarf is a scarf is a scarf and I'll love it no matter how it's made. I think that was fairly clear from my answers anyway ;) Sounds like you have a very cool project planned, I can't wait til we can see the results.

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not part of the exchange,just happened upon it from a button on someone else's blog. But you all sound like you're having a great time. Lucky recipients!
I think anyone who receives a beautiful hand knitted scarf will appreciate it. We all know the time/effort to choose just the right yarn & pattern. Thanks for the Berrocco link.

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home