Thursday, November 24, 2005

Ohhh, Yeah!!!

I got home from work and Mr. Studly UPS-Guy had left a package of yarn for my pal. Woohoo! After I pet it awhile I realized this is the PERFECT yarn for my pal. It's Karabella Piuma Gold and it knocks out 4 of the wishes of my pal! I've got four days off from work and I've already started swatching it. I'm pretty sure my pattern is going to be the Opera Scarf although I'll have to swatch more to see how I like it.

I'm so excited about this exchange! This is my first one and I really think my pal is going to like her scarf. I have not contacted her nor has the person who got me contacted me, but I'm ok with that because I think the surprise will be great! Another thing is I just taught myself to knit in April so even though I'm a newbie I'm learning fast and this gives me an opportunity to try not only a new pattern but to try new yarn. I'd never heard or seen this yarn before and it's probably not something I would have bought for myself but in just working with it awhile, it's really great.

Thanks so much ladies for organizing this! Back to the knitting!
B

2 Comments:

Blogger Bobo said...

Hi,
It's here - Opera Scarf. What had me concerned was that they use a worsted weight and the Karabella is considered bulky but it really is tiny. So far it's looking great (if I do say so myself!)

5:56 AM  
Blogger Dorene said...

Very nkce pattern. It only uses 1 skein/146yd. Wow... someone could use some rather luscious yarn and got a big bang for ones buck!

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home