Sunday, November 13, 2005

HAT- Kim's questionnaire

1. Name & blogger handle---Kim Callan (Kim in NJ)

4. blog URL---don't have a blog; in fact, I'm still figuring out how to post to this blog!

6. Colours you like---I like most colors and I even like a lot of colors together; favorites include blues and purples, jewel tones, but I also like pastels. I love interesting combinations like teal and purple, or shades of color running into each other.

7. colours you hate---well, hate is a strong word, but I'm less fond of the earthy colors---browns, olive, khaki, etc. I don't like the more subdued or what I think of a "muddier" colors. Also, although I like red, I don't wear too much of it close to my face cause I'm pretty ruddy and I don't like to accentuate that.

8. fibres you like---I'm easy; I like most natural fibers---wool, mohair, silk, alpaca, cashmere, cotton (nothing too heavy/stretched out though), and even a good many synthetics like microfiber, rayon, good-quality acrylics (that don't pill really easily), or any kinds of blends.

9 . fibres you hate/allergies---I'm not allergic to anything, but please no scratchy wool (ie, something like naturespun or lambs pride is fine; something like Blackwater Abbey yarns---although I love their colors, is too itchy to wear near the skin) or linen (I know it softens eventually, but I just don't like it). Please also no fun fur or other eyelash yarn, because I went into a bit of a fun-fur frenzy a couple of years ago and now have waaaay too many fun fur scarves as it is ;-)

10. prefered scarf length---I'd love a long scarf that would go to my knees, wrap around my neck a couple of times and go back to my knees. Narrow is fine. But I can also understand if you aren't up to making a "Dr. Who" scarf ;-). And I like surprises, so I'm also open to other things if my pal wants to make something different (ie, lace or some kind of pattern/fiber that doesn't lend itself to long for asthetic or financial reasons). *Please,* though, no short keyhole scarves---I'm ample-sized and they just don't work for me. Nothing shorter than about 36".

11. head circumference (only if applicable)---23" or 23.5" (I found it hard to measure; I have kind of a big head, though)

12. width of hand at widest point (only if applicable)

13. solid or variegated?---Either, though if it doesn't have an interesting stitch pattern, I'd prefer multi-colored or variegated.

14. cables or lace?---Again, either/both/none is fine with me.

15. miscellaneous info (including if you would like the chance to have a crocheted scarf)A crocheted scarf is fine with me. I also crochet, but I'm planning to knit the hat and scarf for my pal. Not sure what other info helps: I have 3 cats, a lizard, and a teapot collection. I love old-fashioned things (I once crocheted snoods for myself and a friend to wear to a production of "Little Women").

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home