Friday, November 24, 2006

Thank you, Pennie!


Sorry so long in posting the picture, but I finally got dh outside with the digicam yesterday. I thought that was appropriate, as I wanted to say thank you again on Thanksgiving Day.

I'm warm and toasty, even at -18 degrees F (the high for the day at Biddy Hollow Farm in Two Rivers, Alaska). You can see that the sun was already setting at about 1:45 p.m.

And I'm much, much happier than I might look: dh was taking a lot of time to get everything "just right," which means my smile was a tiny bit faded by the time he did. But I love love love this scarf. I haven't ever had a scarf I was willing to wear more than once or twice, but I've had this one on every single day since I received it.

Thanks again, Pennie, for helping me stay warm. Thanks also to my knittee, Michelle-Nicholle, for giving me an opportunity to knit something I otherwise wouldn't have. Thanks to everyone else who knit so beautifully and posted pix of gorgeousness, adding many years' worth of work to my list of "I wanna knits." And thanks especially to our amazing hostesses for herding this bunch of cats.

ISE3 was one of the highlights of my year.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pennie said...

It looks great on you too! I loved making it too. I want to do another, that wavy pattern was fun. I'm currently working on a diagonal scarf but its slow as usual. I'm going to a Wool mill factory tomorrow in Frankenmuth Michigan, I'm hoping it has some cool yarn. Again, I think it looks great on you!

12:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home