Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Thanks

THANKS : ) everyone for all your support. I know its going to be hard. I'm an illustrator... and the market here is nil. After 20 years I'm at a lost. My husband and I have no family that can help. I'm just scared and I'm a worrywart. I worked with most of my friends.... and I know what they were told... no contact with me or their job would be on the line. Its a "Core Value" thing to them. You have your job as long as we own you..... and once you are honest... you are considered being negative. And because we don't have to have a reason to let you go.... atune to our core values or you will be gone too.

On the brighter side.... (pray that we can make ends meet, now no money guess we can loose weight) If anyone knows of anyone needing an illustrator let me know. I worked for an educational supplemental publisher for teachers. My art is cute and young looking for the preschool and early grade school area. I have an BFA in design and an expert in Creative Suite, Freehand, Pagemaker, Photoshop, Mac and Pc..... and was the Internet web page designer.

Thanks again for being my outlet. I guess now I have no friends and will have to make new and I know I have all my online knitting friends.

Oh yes, I guess I'll be selling my Barbie Doll collection and Tom Clark Gnomes.... if anyone is interested in what I have you can email me: knitsong at operamail dot com

thanks again for letting me chat. My husband is at work.... and the doggies only listen to so much.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

It's been 5 hours.... and I thought maybe someone (friend) would have called me when they went out to lunch. Nothing. I don't know why I even thought they would.

I'm a wreck.... and feel so alone at the moment.

6:42 PM  
Blogger gwtreece said...

Been there so I understand then feeling alone. You have to believe that this will work out for the best. You will find another job that is much better.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Jennifer, you are brave and probably a lot stronger than you think. I got laid off three times in a row (California tech market, dontchaknow) and I had that feeling of mourning because most of my friends worked there. It wasn't that they couldn't communicate with me, it's just that they didn't. I discovered that we were work-friends, not friends-friends. Very sad. At any rate, feel free to email me any time and I'll 'listen' to you vent. I know that a lot of the time that's what we need. I'm at conchobara at yahoo dot com.

8:50 PM  
Blogger spellbound said...

What Stephanie says is so very right. I was let go from a job I had held for 7 years. (this was three years ago). It was so hard to find that people were not really your friends. I think that people either just don't know what to say or they think they might catch it from you (lol). I found the same type of behavior when I went through my divorce. Anyway, have faith. I am in a much better place now and happy in my work. It WILL happen for you as well.
By the way, Highlights for Children is located in my city. You should look them up for opportunities. Also, I am sure freelancing is an option in your profession. Contact as many people as you know...don't be afraid of this...you never know who might have a lead for you.

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home