Monday, October 30, 2006

Shazammm!!!

A Genie visited my mailbox! I was away for the weekend and arrived home to find a package waiting for me. I just knew it would be from my Scarf Exchange Pal. The first thing I saw when I removed the outer wrappings was a box...with a lid. I am CRAZY about boxes. I know. It's strange. This one is particularly nice with flowers inside and out. Inside I found treasure! Many gold wrapped packages. On top was a beautiful handmade book, stitched and beaded with skill by my pal, Lynda Lambert (Knitty_Prof). Lynda is a REAL professor of Fine Arts and Humanities...and VERY talented. Next I found the cutest Glow Sheep. It brought a big grin to my face. I poked at the packages...deciding to save the squishy one for last. First was a very nice lipgloss which I tried immediately. Then the most fascinating pen...that puts on an LED lightshow! Hmmm, I may have to hide that one from the grandkids...entirely too much fun for short people. LOL. There was an egg. I did. I opened it. But like the rest of this package...there was more inside! In one half was a yummy chocolate confection...in the other side a Surprise toy! Great fun! Next was an oil bottle painted with rosebuds...I suspect it was painted by my pal. I love to cook and this will come in very handy and will remind me of her every time I use it. Next there was a journal with matching pencil. But there was MORE! The next golden package contained a book of poems...WRITTEN BY MY PAL!! What a talented lady! And if all of this did not prove that point, I opened the last piece of treasure to find a beautiful scarf. I live in Atlanta so a wool scarf wouldn't get as much use as the lavendar-pink cotton scarf Lynda knit for me. It is just the right length. She did an expert job with the basketweave design...and I LOVE IT! Thank you, Lynda, for the scarf, all the goodies and for your wonderful skill and creativity.

I also want to send a HUGE thank you to our hostesses. Great Job! This was my first exchange and it was more fun than I had ever imagined. I look forward to the next one.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lynda Lambert said...

I am glad you love your package and I loved putting it together for you, too. Enjoy it all.

3:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home