Monday, October 16, 2006

Scarf Completed, Scarf Recieved

Hey friends,

So my ISE scarf is finally completed. Ok, so it's more of a petite shawl than a scarf, but I am so excited about it that I can't imagine an exchange pal not liking it! It just turned out so well...

This is the little arrowhead shawl from IK Summer 2006 Staff Project. When I saw another similar shawl being worked for this exchange I realized that it was the PERFECT thing for my pal. This was the first time that I have completed such an involved lace project so I'm very excited about the results. And, I can't believe how quickly I was able to finish the project.

Here are a few related photos... the shawl being blocked on top of a black plastic garbage bag on a bed in our spare bed room, and a shot of the stitch markers I made for my pal. (I had to make about a million stitch markers for this project and I thought these would be perfect for her!)




What do you think? Will she like them?

I also recieved my exchange scarf this weekend (it was a big weekend!) Ms. Fee made me an absolutely stunning scarf, in my favorite shade of deep red. It has these incredible lace leaves traveling down each side. SOO perfect for me! I had hoped to show some photos of her work, but sadly blogger isn't responding well to my attempts to upload photos.

Thanks Fee!

This was an awesome exchange... :)
Kate

2 Comments:

Blogger Pennie said...

I like them :)

12:28 AM  
Blogger Deborah said...

So beautiful! I can't imagine anyone being less than thrilled to open their box and see this waiting for them. I wish it was coming to me!

2:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home