Sunday, October 15, 2006

It's finished






Hi everyone,

I've finished!!! Yeah - the scarf was blocked yesterday and lightly ironed this morning for its photo shoot. I'm really happy with how it turned out.

The scarf is made from alpaca from a local farm. It was spun locally too. It is slightly slubby. I hand dyed it in a lovely green while it was still in a ball so the colour is uneven and varied. I knitted it in a drop stitch pattern from the vogue knitting reference book. It was mainly knitted on metal circulars while traveling on the bus.

With this description, I think my pal will work it out as I've been dropping her hints...

It will be in the post in the next few days to fly across the ocean from Australia to the USA.

Thanks to the hostesses who have made this exchange possible.

Maisie.

7 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

That really is a beauty. I'm sure you're pal will love it!

10:27 AM  
Blogger celia said...

It's lovely! Where did you buy the alpaca? Not that I need any more yarn or spinning fibre... but always curious, u know.

11:19 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

It's gorgeous - love the color, love the pattern.

1:35 PM  
Blogger Paula said...

Hey, that's the same stitch pattern I used, although I found it in Barbara Walker's Second Treasury. It looks great in that alpaca yarn. I love the way mine turned out too.

You mentioned Kingston and Goulburn. In Ontario? If so, I may have to do a little research. That's almost local since I am in Ottawa.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

very pretty :)

2:26 PM  
Blogger Pennie said...

Lovely detail :) lucky pal

4:57 PM  
Blogger GamecockDoc said...

Wow, that is gorgeous. Wonderful color.

12:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home