Monday, October 30, 2006

I am sorry Partner!

Hi

I hoped that this wouldn't happen, but I am afraid I am going to be late with my scarf. This is due to me being indecisive and starting three scarves and changing my mind. I am glad to see by the postings I am not the only one this has happened to. I am almost there, just another couple of feet to go. I am hoping it will be in the post Wednesday, latest.

I am really very, very sorry - in a way! By that I mean I have now found what I believe to be the perfect pattern, yarn and colour and its coming out beautifully. So well, in fact, that my eldest daughter (who is usually disdainful of the things I make) has asked for one too. I may consider it......!

This (and the tote exchange) have been my first and what surprised me the most is how much I actually cared that the scarf I am sending is right for my partner. I always knew that I wanted it to be good, I knew that mine wouldn't be on the same level as some, but I wanted it to be RIGHT. My partner (ex-army, doesn't do indecisive) got exasperated and said (on more than one occasion) 'That one's great, just finish it and send it', but it wasn't RIGHT. I bought three lots of yarn, one lot of Noro - too fussy, one lot of Debbie Bliss, too plain. The third lot (I sound like Goldilocks, lol) is RIGHT. I am happy and I really, really hope that my Partner will be happy too, even if she has had to wait so long.

What has come over in this exchange (remember its my first) is that we all actually really care about what we are making. Not out to impress, just to give a gift made with care that our partner will enjoy.

So, Partner (and I am writing to you today to let you know I am going to be late), please accept my apologies. On the bright side its given me more time to collect 'goodies' for you and yours - No, 'B' is not to be left out this time!

Best wishes to you all. Jackie x

1 Comments:

Blogger babette said...

well said, Jackie :)

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home