Thursday, October 19, 2006

get a scarf, give a scarf

Ooh! Look what I got!

what my pal sent

Here's a deliciously blurry photo of the scarf that my scarf pal sent me. I'd like to blame the blurriness on the fact that I found the scarf package on my doorstep when I got home from the beerfest. What can I say? Things happen.

scarf pal scarf closeup

A closeup of the lace pattern for you. The yarn is Shaeffer Yarn's Anne, which is warm and lightweight, and full of pretty light-catching colors. My pal, the esteemed Kniterella, has more (and better) pictures of the scarf on her blog. In the package she included some candies, cute knitting-themed pencils, and a "whirly pop" like the kind I used to beg my mom to buy me at the McCrory's when I was a kid. Additionally, she wrote a very touching letter about herself and the knitting of the scarf which is now mine!

Thank you, Kniterella!

Now, I just need to wait for my pal to receive her package, which I shipped off yesterday, full of yummy treats like chocolate and cookies and coffee and, oh yeah, a scarf.

ISE scarf

Scarf expertly modeled.

ISE scarf

Scarf less-expertly modeled.

This is also a Shaeffer yarn, the heavier weight wool called Lola. I think it's funny that I traded a Shaeffer for a different Shaeffer.

8 Comments:

Blogger Leisel said...

Ohhhhh... I like how the colors (the orange, specifically) form a pattern like the cabling on the DNA scarf.

- Leisel
http://sagebrush.typepad.com/knotagain

1:59 AM  
Blogger celia said...

Funny, isn't it, how these things happen. I wonder whether I may have traded a Liesel for another Liesel...

3:52 AM  
Blogger Pennie said...

lovely detail, very pretty

11:13 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

I am so happy that you liked your scarf - I waffled (once) and was thrilled that you commented on the ISE3 blog. It looks marvelous on you (blurry or not)

3:43 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

One last thought - it looks like you not only traded Schaeffer for Schaeffer - but they look like they are the same colorway

Your pal is sure to be thrilled!

3:45 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

Nice gorgeous creations

7:25 PM  
Blogger scarlet said...

leisel: many others have commented on the helical pattern that the color changes make on the scarf. At first I didn't like it but now I sort of get a kick out of it.

9:35 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Beautiful!!!!

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home