Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Looky, looky..... Look what I got!


The mail lady knocked on my door to drop off a very special delivery for me. It is from my International Scarf Exchange Pal, Cathy. Cathy hails from Aurora, Colorado. She did the most fabulous job putting together a very exquisite package. And it's mine, all mine.....

First, the scarf. The picture does NOT do it any justice and for that I apologize. Cathy painstakingly labored on a beautiful rendition of Ivy Bigelow's Midwest Moonlight. She used Elesbeth Lavold's Silky Tweed in a very deep, rich chocolate brown. It has the most faint flecks of rusts, golds and tans. Silky Tweed is a luscious blend of silk, cotton, and merino to make this a scrumptiously soft scarf. Let the snow begin.

Then, there was this wonderful little brown shopping bag that was just chockful of some glorious finds. There is a book "Girlfriends". I haven't read it yet, but with a few trips on the horizon, I'm sure it will be great plane reading. Then, the most adorable handcrafted knitting needles by Serendipity Designs. Oh, my. I can see the start of a collection beginning to take shape. And the cutest Lantern Moon Sheepie tape measure and a fabulously creative key chain in the shape of a miniature sweater. Hmmm, I wonder if Cathy made it herself. It is just too creative.

Then, the comfort stuff: There are chocolate covered raisins, umm umm good. And while I am sitting eating the raisins, I will be basking in a warm bath filled with Bath&Body Works warm vanilla bubble bath and sipping on some Bigelow (ah... same name as the designer of the scarf... was Cathy thinking or what?) apple cider herb tea. And finally, there is the cutest tin containing HT Harney & Sons fine teas. It is a Chinese Flower Green Tea, which is described as a beautiful blend do green tea and three types of flowers accented with citrus flavors. A treasure for the eye and palette. Now, if that doesn't sound fabulous, what does?

Cathy, you have outdone yourself and you have spoiled me rotten. Thanks for one of the best packages that I have ever received. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

4 Comments:

Blogger Pennie said...

oooh, nice package :)

1:24 AM  
Blogger celia said...

Lovely!

3:54 AM  
Blogger Grace said...

very nice, little jealous here, I got just a scarf, but thats really okay I am teasing!! But your stash is impressive, enjoy it

7:28 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Very earthy scarf, and such a nice package. Will keep you so toasty warm when those cold desert winter winds start blowing.

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home