Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The Sad Truth

This is the scarf I was making for my pal. The sad truth? It is taking on a decided curve on one side. How can it curve on just one side? Doesn't that break a law of physics or something? Because of this weirdness, I'm now searching for a new pattern. I cannot bring myself to frog this yet so will begin again with one of the other balls of yarn to see if things go better. I tend to think this is a yarn problem as the spin for this yarn makes it springy! Perhaps it is just not meant for crochet... Trial and error makes for adventures in crochet! :-D
Sigh

5 Comments:

Blogger scarlet said...

If it makes you feel any better, I'll tell you that my scarf is doing the same thing... it's all loose on one side and neat and tidy on the other. I don't know why but I hope that washing and blocking might make it look better. I hope yours comes out nicely!

3:18 AM  
Blogger Kristy said...

Oh Gigi! Don't give up on this one. It is really really so lovely. Have you tried blocking it? Blocking it can do wonders! This pattern is so nice. I am certain your pal would embrace that slight curve!

3:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

If it's wool then just block it when you're done.

11:49 AM  
Blogger lesley said...

just block it. don't frog!!!

4:57 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

I agree...I bet blocking will fix it. The curve is so slight that I bet it will disappear in the wash. It looks beatiful.

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home