Friday, September 22, 2006

don't know what to do

So I wound my chosen yarn (see pictures) into center pull balls, and I've been working on a swatch of my scarf pattern (can't remember the name but it's a lacey seaman's scarf from Myrna Stahman's book; don't have a picture), and.....I'm underwhelmed.

Y'know how you get an idea about something in your mind and no matter how "ok" the thing that you're working on is, it's just not going to make you happy because it's not what you have in your mind? Well, I think I want to make my pal a scarf that has some silk in it. So this Koigu PPM, while really pretty colors and even a little glossy looking, and a just lovely 100% merino wool yarn that I've used happily on other projects is just *not* going to make me happy right now.

So I've gone ahead and ordered some Cascade fingering silk and some Marjaana (I think) wool-silk blend. Perhaps when it gets here, it will be nice and tell me which one wants to be a scarf and what pattern it would like to be worked into.

In the meantime, I think the Koigu is going back into the stash. I don't think it's too disapointed. I think it really wants to be gloves anyway.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mia said...

Yummy colors!!!!! Do you have the color number by chance on the Koigu?

8:31 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

It's beautiful yarn - too bad it's not behaving. Alas, yarn sometimes has a mind of its own.

8:51 PM  
Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

I have an idea for you- check out this scarf:http://www.islandofmisfitpatterns.com/2006/08/18/brookes-column-of-leaves-scarf/

8:52 PM  
Blogger Leisel said...

The Koigu is gorgeous! Do you know what colorway # it is?

- Leisel
http://sagebrush.typepad.com

6:31 AM  
Blogger Chrissie said...

Hi Kim,

wow you have good taste (and a good stash). I loved your Kureyon colors and this Koigu is so beautiful too.

2:19 PM  
Blogger Kim in NJ said...

Thanks, everyone! Sorry for the delay in posting this, but the color number for the koigu is P527. And, thanks, hpny knits for the great pattern. I might try that with the yarn doubled and see how I like it. I did order some silk yarn, but it's taking its own sweet time getting here and I might start more swatching in the meantime ;-)

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home