Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Any Suggestions?


Hello ladies - I was hoping for a little help. I've enjoyed this exchange so much and have really been amazed at all the different scarves and yarn. The talent out there is incredible. Now I need some suggestions. I bought this yarn even though I made a resolution to no longer buy any yarn unless I had a specific project in mind. Well I've been eyeing this at my LYS and finally broke down when she had a half of sale during half time on Superbowl Sunday. So it is Thaki Yarns, Baby print 100% merino. It is thick and I have 3 skeins with 60 yards each. Does anyone have any ideas of what this yarn wants to be? It is so pretty and soft. I'd appreciate any advice you guys have. Thanks!

P.S. To my secret pal - I just wanted you to know that I'll be out of town next week so if my scarf arrives then and you don't see a post right away that is why. I don't want you to think I don't like it. I can't wait to see it!

2 Comments:

Blogger Leisel said...

Two suggestions:

There's a braided scarf pattern using the Tahki Baby in this pattern book that I think is pretty cool:

http://www.patternworks.com/PWShopping/partsview.asp?action=lookup&partno=100687

It's basically 3 i-cords braided together. They had a bigger picture in the catalog that at the URL above, and it looks nice.

Here's a similar one that shows the detail better and has a different end treatment:

http://www.patternworks.com/PWShopping/partsview.asp?action=lookup&partno=800704&subject=U36.L10&catpos=12

It calls for 4 balls of the yarn, but I'm thinking if you did a simple fringe instead of a full out pom-pon, you could make it work.

Or...

A skinny version of the My So Called Scarf.

http://www.sheepinthecity.prettyposies.com/archives/000079.html

The pattern calls for 270 yards, and you have 180. That's 2/3 of what's called for, so instead of 30 stitches, you would cast on 20. Since your yarn is 2.5 stitches/inch and the Manos is 4 stitches/inch, it might not even end up being narrower. It's a multiple of 2 stitches, so you could adjust it up or down a bit if you needed to.

- Leisel
http://sagebrush.typepad.com/knotagain

4:13 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Thanks Leisel - two great ideas! I'd actually printed the My So Called Scarf Pattern during the Scarf Exchange as something I'd like to make - hadn't thought of it for this but a definite possibility. I really appreciate the time you have taken to help me. Thanks again!

12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home