Thursday, January 12, 2006

Thank you, Fiona

This week suddenly is full of time-consuming distractions, but I do want to thank Fiona Morris for my Stitch Diva Curlicue Ruffle Scarf, pictured below, thoughtful card with scarf-clad bicyclist (I identify completely!), not pictured, and the tasty sweets, already devoured.

Curlicue Ruffle Scarf from Fiona

(Da Vinci Code aficionados will notice that the scarf is artfully arranged in an M shape in honor of its maker.)

The scarf is made entirely of variegated ribbon yarn: ladder ribbon for the body and "regular" ribbon for the edging. Incredible to relate, it has a remarkable amount of weight and body – the ruffles are sharply defined and not the least bit limp. The crisp texture, bright pink color, and rayon flash are just the things to enliven a dull winter's day (or night). I tend to think of ribbon as trim or a carry-along yarn and must confess myself amazed by its possibilities.

I'm also amazed by this coincidence: I was Fiona's scarf gifter in the first round of the Scarf Exchange. Surprises abound!

--Ina

1 Comments:

Blogger rmj318 said...

Absolutely beautiful!!

5:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home