Sunday, November 13, 2005

Scarf only: Leslie

1. Name & blogger handle
Leslie Graff/Leslie - I think I'm listed as LeslieG
2. scarf only
4. blog URL
sfsaga.blogspot.com
6. Colours you like
blues, purples, greens, pinks, greys and neutrals; My winter coats are mostly black or pink. I’m shopping for a light tan or camel coat at the moment.
7. colours you hate
orange, yellow, bright red, neons or things that are really bright; I don’t really have a coat to match “autumn” colors – rusts, browns, etc.
8. fibres you like
Anything natural – wool, alpaca (love, love, love alpaca), etc. Cotton is okay, but not crazy about it for a scarf. Some synthetics are okay, but I don’t like a lot of novelty yarns. I especially like fibres that are indicative of special places. I would be very excited to receive a scarf from a farm or producer near my pal’s home or from a yarn that is special to my pal.
9 . fibres you hate/allergies
Novelty yarns, especially eyelash yarns. Anything too scratchy to wear against the skin. Most wool, mohair, etc. doesn’t bother me so as long as my pal thinks it could be worn against the skin, I’m sure it will be great.
10. prefered scarf length
No real preference here. I like the short styles that button (Flora from Knitty) as well as longer scarves that can be wrapped around my neck. My current favorite scarf is 64 inches long to give you a sense of what works for me.
13. solid or variegated?
No real preference, but I generally go for solids or variegated yarns that are subtle.
14. cables or lace?
Love ‘em both! I like small details in scarves. I think it’s these little things that really make a handknit scarf so much more than just a way to keep out the chill. My style tends to be pretty traditional so I like interesting stitches to dress up the basics.
15. miscellaneous info (including if you would like the chance to have a crocheted scarf)
I love knits that are special to the knitter. If I could tell my pal anything, I’d ask for a scarf that had some special meaning to the knitter. I’d enjoy something made from yarn that’s local or maybe someone’s favorite yarn to use. I’d really enjoy hearing why my pal chose her (or his) project.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home