Thursday, November 02, 2006

My scarves (yes I mean pural) are here!

I came home yesterday to a lovely package tucked into my screen door, all the way from Australia, and opened it to find not one but 2 (count 'em, 2!) lovely scarves. The first is a beautiful lavender and pink lacey mohair feather and fan pattern and the second is open-lace pattern in a deep magenta (one of my absolute favorite colors) with beads! So, so pretty. And to make it even more special, Deborah included a huge skein of her beautiful purple and blue hand-spun yarn, which is both beautiful and really soft. I'm just thrilled.
I've taken lots of pictures, but probably won't get them posted until Monday, since I'm off this afternoon to Stitches East and will be away from the computer all weekend. But I will get them up!
I'm also happy to say that I've finished my scarf for my pal (just one, sorry, pal :-( and once it's finished blocking, I should have it out in no time (or by Monday at the latest). Course, there's no way that I can match my beautiful package, but I do have some extra goodies to make up, a little, for the delay, and I hope that my pal likes it even half as well as I like mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home