Saturday, October 28, 2006

Scarves come and go in my life but none have I loved more than these...

This is my International Scarf Exchange scarf, ready to go to my pal on Monday (which makes it late for which I am very sorry!). I have laboured to find the right thing to make for my pal, who has a fascinating place in the world right now and can't wear wool (not too much detail or it'll give it away!!!). The yarn is Tide Pool from Knitpicks as previously shown here, but in the end I didn't use the open knot work pattern as it wasn't suiting the yarn! I did random decreases and increases to make it look like seaweed to suit the colour/name, and then wove beads into the end as I was knitting a ruffle on the end.

I love it. It's going to be hard to send away to someone else! I was a bit worried about making a lacey light scarf when lots of the other scarves are very heavy wool ones but I think this'll suit her perfectly. I'm going to find some chocolates to send as well, and some stitch markers!



I blogged that I'd received mine - thanks to the lovely Morgan of Fiber Addict fame! I love this scarf and have worn it lots so far - and must try entrelac sometime!

ISE scarf

1 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

Beautiful!

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home