Saturday, October 21, 2006

I have a confession

I actually finished knitting my scarf three weeks ago. Then it sat on my lounge room couch for a week while I found something special for my secret pal's daughter and took some pictures. (That's actually a better excuse than it sounds because taking pictures indoors made the gorgeous deep purple colours in the scarf look blue. And it's dark when I get home from work so I had to wait for the weekend. That's my excuse anyway, and I'm sticking to it.)

So I finally posted off the scarf two weeks ago and it arrived at my secret pal's in the middle of last week - it had a long way to travel. But I didn't post a picture of the scarf because I'd let the cat out of the bag very early in the challenge and signed my name on an email I sent. I didn't say a word about having finished the scarf or having posted it. I just let her assume that I was still working on it. So here it is before it began it's long journey.



I forgot to measure it before I sent it - it's actually quite long - my pal tells me it comes down to her knees. It's made of pure wool - two balls - one variegated and one plain - I posted pictures of them below.

It seems that my secret pal likes it. I'm so pleased, it's been the most wonderful experience getting to know her. I can't believe how much we have in common. How on earth did they match us.

I'd like to add my thanks to the organizers - I've had a wonderful time being involved in the exchange, met amazing people, thoroughly enjoyed lusting after all the yarn and imagining myself wearing the beautiful scarves posted. (Oh to have all that wonderful yarn in a LYS in Australia).

Thanks everyone,
Vicki

1 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

How lovely, Vicki! Gorgeous color. Ooooh, I'd love wearing that scarf. My fav color and super cables. Yummmm!

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home