Thursday, October 26, 2006

Finished at last


I can't believe how busy October has been - I guess that Sock Wars didn't help - but I'm hugely pleased that I've finished the scarf and it's ready to send off to my pal. So all that's left to do now is to get it to the post office and on its way. I don't know whether it's going to get from the UK to the US in six days but if I haven't heard from my pal by Tuesday, they'll get an e-mail of reassurance and apology that things really are happening.

It's been good fun: it's prompted me to set up a blog and brought me into contact with knitters from round the world. Along the way I've introduced my partner's mother to garterlac and have bought the yarn for a second one of these as a surprise Christmas gift. The person who's knitting for me has been really ill. Luckily it sounds as if she's on the mend, and so I also have the joy of anticipation, knowing that at some unknown future date, a scarf is going to arrive for me. Thank you to all of the hostesses for their work in putting the exchange together - I'm looking forward to next year's already.

Now there's no excuse to put off weaving in about a hundred ends from my Alice Starmore elephant cushion cover, which my partner has been on at me for weeks to finish. Curses!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home