Monday, September 11, 2006

Finally!

After two trips to the LYS and pouring through books and mags and some amazing patterns online, I think I've finally decided on both a pattern and yarn. I'm going to make (I think) Evelyn Clark's Swallowtail Shawl (from the current IK) with Elspeth Lavold's Silky Wool. The shawl is the smaller type meant to be worn over a coat or draped around the shoulders. I think that my pal will like this sort of scarf, and I'm hoping it will be a versatile indoor/outdoor item. I'm making it out of heavier yarn than is called for, and will be knitting it a tighter guage than most lace so that it will, hopefully, be a warmer scarf.

My pal doesn't have many color dislikes, but did ask for fall colors. I'm hoping this shade of purple is rich enough to qualify for her. It reminds me of plums and eggplant and the shade certain leaves will turn. (don't ask me which ones....no head for trees other than wow! that's gorgeous!!!) I tried several different areas of the house and even took the yarn outside for a photo shoot (totally confusing ny neighbors), but couldn't capture the tone properly. I also looked around on the internet, and it looks like I'm not the only one who can't photograph this shade of purple properly. The depth of the color in the phot is close, but it's more of a slightly violet plum shade.

I hope she likes it!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

I've been looking at this pattern - I want to make it so! For me! Please post a finished photo!

The yarn color is yummy, too!

1:29 AM  
Blogger Dorene said...

Lucky, lucky, lucky! Your pal is lucky. This will be so gorgeous! Lucky, lucky, lucky!

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home