Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Nearly done

I do not have a picture available as I am at work but was wondering if I could solicit some advice. I am nearly done. The mittens are finished and the scarf is 99.5% complete however because of the design I chose it is requiring me to graft two parts together. I have tried and tried again and I do not like the way it looks. Does anyone have any hints on grafting garter stitch that would make the peice look like one and would not show a seam? I really want to get this scarf out to my pal so that she can have warm hands and a warm neck!

Thanks

2 Comments:

Blogger Leisel said...

Can you explain better what the problem is with the grafting.

Guessing here... are you using kitchner stitch? Is it creating a stockinette row? If so, it might work if you turned one or both pieces over onto the other side before starting.

Let me know if this doesn't make sense... I'll try to find a better way of explaining myself.

- Leisel
http://sagebrush.typepad.com/knotagain

4:28 PM  
Blogger Brianne said...

I've used a three needle bind off for that kind of thing, and it worked incredibly well. This website (http://www.sweaterscapes.com/shldseam.htm) has the best tutorial I've seen for that technique!

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home