Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Never Fear Queen Maxine! It arrived today!

There I was at work - checking my bloglines - Poor Maxine was worrying about a parcel...hmmmm.

I got home to the BIGGEST BOX with the highest amount of postage known to man (or the UPS) - inside - wrapped in Apple Green paper - a beautifully decorated box with decoupage all over it....with amazing images and messages - I don't know if you can really see it so well - but it so lovely. Even with lovely teal blue felt lining.

The box was so lovely I almost forgot to open it and look inside - but my daughter was onhand to help - to reveal the most beautiful scarf - MY scarf!

OMG! Such lovely colours - and made from Berroco Foliage (Maxine even stuck the label inside the box so I would have care instructions) (She thought of everything!)

Thanks so much Queen Maxine! I love my scarf and even though I have to wait quite a few months to use it - it will be worn with love.

This has been a wonderful experience for me - reading the blog and seeing everyone's scarves arrive and the trouble everyone has gone to. Isn't amazing to think of all these wonderful presents zinging their way around the world - presents that their makers have gone to so much trouble to stitch with thoughts of another person they don't even know in their hearts as they do it!

What a wonderful world - thanks Celia and Cyn Cyn for organising it and thanks to the Queen (Maxine).
I have added other photos (yes I have more) on my blog!

3 Comments:

Blogger Peggy said...

Looks great! You're a lucky girl. ;)

12:16 PM  
Blogger maxine said...

I am glad the package arrived. I had that box sitting on the art shelf and it has been waiting for an occasion special enough to be transformed from sturdy perfume gift set box into ISE gift box. I was just glad I could get enough yarn images to cover it without having to compromise any patterns. Creativity expounding.

Once it was mailed off I went back to my LYS and bought some foliage in reds/orange to make myself the sister companion scarf and I am nearly done with it.

Glad you like it Donni!

1:38 PM  
Blogger Oiyi said...

Awesome! It must have been so much fun to unwrap everything.

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home