Thursday, February 16, 2006

Lament for February 15th

I really tried to make the date
With hopes your scarf would not be late
I'd intended you've have it by today
Even when logic told me, "no way!"

You deserve better, my ISE friend
Than mere apologies I have here to send.
I set my sights a bit too high
To grow, to learn, to dream and try.

I've loved the journey from stitch #1,
Though I'm still quite a ways from done.
I challenged myself but time was unkind,
When every 10 rows meant I had to frog 9.

I won't put it down until it's complete,
It's on the front burner turned on to high heat.
Crushed I'm late, so sorry and sad,
My regrets are real and I hope you aren't mad.

I'm honored to have you as my ISE pal,
You're my inspiration and an amazing gal.
Your knitting's so awesome, I constantly strive
To make my scarf worthy when it finally arrives.

During this project my skills have grown
I've reached new heights, stretched my zone
I owe it to you, for raising the bar
I'm becoming a better knitter by far.

Thanks for your patience, your kindness and care.
I promise your scarf will soon be there.
It's made with love, with cheer and smiles,
And soon will be flying across the miles.

2 Comments:

Blogger Peggy said...

Bravo!! Love the poem. I tend to tell logic it's crazy too. ;)

5:49 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

I'm almost glad that your scarf is late or we wouldn't have been able to enjoy your wonderful poem! Very impressive.

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home