Monday, February 27, 2006

Finished, Finally!



Tonight I pulled the blocking wires off my scarf and proclaimed it finished! With the twisted fringe, it's nearly 8 feet long.
It's so soft, and smelled like heaven after I washed it in Lavender Eucalan wash before blocking. Taking it off the blocking wires was so exciting that even my husband stopped what he was doing to see the "unveiling."

I packed it in a bamboo "Treasure Chest" with lavender sachets, several skeins of lovely yarns, and latched it closed.

Because I was late finishing the scarf, I also made a felted knitting needle holder for my pal, and hope she'll enjoy it and accept my apologies for being so later in finishing the scarf. I lined the knitting needle holder with vintage Reyn Spooner fabric, added some wooden knitting needles, needle caps and Eucalan wool wash. Putting the package together was as much fun as knitting the scarf!



The scarf my first completed lace project, and I learned so much. I also fell in love with the Handworks Dressing Wires, which made blocking the scarf so easy and the edges so straight. I can't recommend these blocking wires enough--they are so beautifully packaged, work like a charm, and also part of the profits go to support a very worthy cause. I have no affiliation with the product, just a very happy customer. You can order these excellent wires at www.handworksnw.com

Tomorrow I'll send the project to my very patient ISE pal. What fun this has been!

9 Comments:

Blogger RainbowSpinner said...

Oh, please can you be my secret pal!!!!! The recipiant of your package is going to be so lucky.

I haven't got mine yet either :-(

9:29 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Oh that's a gorgeous needle case, is it your pattern? Thanks for the tip on the wires, I'll have to get some of those! Love the scarf, it's just lovely.

10:39 AM  
Blogger celia said...

That is beautiful, and a needle case too! wow!

12:37 PM  
Blogger Oiyi said...

Wow! Your secret pal is so lucky! The scarf is gorgeous.

5:07 PM  
Blogger CynCyn said...

whomever your pal is, she SURE is lucky!! Beautiful color, and I'm so impressed it's your FIRST lace project!

5:12 PM  
Blogger Ina said...

Wow, great lace and such nice extras! And Reyn's Spooner fabric always makes me nostalgic for Hawaii!!

6:15 PM  
Blogger Kim in NJ said...

Gorgeous, all the way around. Your pal is very lucky!

11:13 PM  
Blogger Dorene said...

OMG.... That is just TOO perfect. From the most outrageous scarf that was meticulously crafted with love... to the handmade felted needlecase... o needles.. to lavender rinse... to the fabulous "treasure chest." No girl... YOU are the treasure!

1:53 AM  
Blogger Marji said...

Debi, you are an inspiration to us all, and a reminder to be grateful every day for what we have and what we can do. May God bless you.

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home